What is SmartRoadSense?
SmartRoadSense is a crowd-sensing system that continuously monitors road quality.
The system makes use of accelerometers and global positioning sensors of modern smartphones in order to detect and classify the roughness of roads. Data is collected and processed on device, and is then transmitted anonymously to the back-end system that maps and aggregates information of multiple users in order to produce an interactive, almost real-time, map of road quality.
Data thus produces is available online in the form of an interactive map and Open Data.
- G. Alessandroni et al., “Sensing road roughness via mobile devices: a study on speed influence”, ISPA 2015. [BibTeX]
- S. Delpriori et al., “Efficient Algorithms for Accuracy Improvement in Mobile Crowdsensing Vehicular Applications”, UBICOMM 2015 (Best Paper Award!). [BibTeX]
- G. Alessandroni et al., “Demo: Mobile Crowdsensing of Road Surface Roughness”, MobiSys 2015. [BibTeX]
- V. Freschi et al., “Geospatial data aggregation and reduction in vehicular sensing applications: the case of road surface monitoring”, IEEE ICCVE 2014. [BibTeX]
- G. Alessandroni et al., “SmartRoadSense: Collaborative Road Surface Condition Monitoring”, UBICOMM 2014. [BibTeX]
How to cite this site: A. Bogliolo et al., “The SmartRoadSense website”, http://smartroadsense.it/